The initiation of a blog...

I love analogies.

The God I serve is all about them as well. The Bible is fraught with parables, similes, analogies, word pictures, allegories... all to make us understand His Word and Will better.

I have no idea (or goals for) how often I will be posting the analogies I see and learn...
I am also definitely NOT a writer. I use way too many paranthesis, ellipses, all caps... so please correct my spelling and grammar if need be! ;)

Make comments, challenge me...
Thanks for reading!
Vanesa

Friday, February 13, 2009

Physical Beauty VS. Spiritual Beauty

"People's standards, of course, differ. Usually, in things that do not matter, we set them impossibly high and thus guarantee for ourselves a life of discontent. In things that matter we set them too low and are easily pleased with ourselves." —Elisabeth Elliot

1 comment:

Rescued by the Lamb said...

TOTALLY AGREE! It seems like the things of this world are getting more prominence as Satan (is it Satan?) is trying to stray us further away from God! I remember there is a verse that says that one day what is wrong will seem to be right (or OK)in this world... or something like that... or something to the extent that our conscience will get immune to those things evil... hmm