The initiation of a blog...

I love analogies.

The God I serve is all about them as well. The Bible is fraught with parables, similes, analogies, word pictures, allegories... all to make us understand His Word and Will better.

I have no idea (or goals for) how often I will be posting the analogies I see and learn...
I am also definitely NOT a writer. I use way too many paranthesis, ellipses, all caps... so please correct my spelling and grammar if need be! ;)

Make comments, challenge me...
Thanks for reading!
Vanesa

Thursday, September 3, 2009

awww Tim....

This morning getting ready- I was listening to Tim McGraw sing about the problem we all face with our sin nature.... Tim blames it and says- 'I Guess thats just the cowboy in me..." It honestly made me SAD to hear it... It shows the gospel and the law of God is written on the hearts of men, but what is the conclusion of man apart from the revalation of truth in the Word? No Tim, its not the cowboy in you, its the SINNER in you! Its the sinful nature in all of us, our natural bent that we are no longer enslaved to because of the glorious news of the gospel!

"We know that our old self was crucified with him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin." (Rom 6:6)

Tim McGraw- The Cowboy in Me
I don't know why I act the way I do
Like I aint got a single thing to lose
Sometimes Im my own worst enemy
I guess thats just the cowboy in me

I got a life that most would love to have
But sometimes I still wake up fighting mad
At where this road Im heading down might lead
I guess thats just the cowboy in me

The urge to run, the restlessness
The heart of stone I sometimes get
The things Ive done for foolish pride
The me thats never satisfied
The face thats in the mirror when I dont like what I see
I guess thats just the cowboy in me

No comments: