The initiation of a blog...

I love analogies.

The God I serve is all about them as well. The Bible is fraught with parables, similes, analogies, word pictures, allegories... all to make us understand His Word and Will better.

I have no idea (or goals for) how often I will be posting the analogies I see and learn...
I am also definitely NOT a writer. I use way too many paranthesis, ellipses, all caps... so please correct my spelling and grammar if need be! ;)

Make comments, challenge me...
Thanks for reading!
Vanesa

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

EXPOSED!

Been contemplating the Genesis account of nakedness and shame...
"Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account." (Hebrews 4:13)

"Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed." (John 3:20)

"But everything exposed by the light becomes visible, for it is light that makes everything visible. This is why it is said: "Wake up, O sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you." (Ephesians 5:13-15) Shine on me Lord!

"So now I will expose her lewdness before the eyes of her lovers; no one will take her out of my hands." (Hosea 2:10)

Its amazing how self righteousness keeps you from understanding and appreciating the gospel... The gospel exposes you for what you are- a WRETCHED sinner! I have become astutely aware of my own wretchedness recently. Its amazing that I wasn't really so aware before! I thought I was allright...

Even I was thinking as I was praying... And this thought actually crossed my mind. Wow- is God even hearing my prayer because of my sin? Or has this seperated me and kept him from hearing my prayers? The TRUTH, the GOSPEL is that my sin ALWAYS seperates me from him and keeps him from hearing my prayers. The ONLY way I can come before the throne of a perfect God (and with boldness according to Heb 4:16!) is because of the blood of Christ. How bout when I think, 'I should fast and pray about that.' Thinking that somehow, me fasting will make God hear me more, or cause him to act more because of my performance pleasing Him. Heb 5:7 says that when Jesus prayed, His prayers were heard because of His reverent submission! Im so glad that MY prayers are heard because of HIS reverent submission!


Jordan has given me a newfound love and appreciation for the Psalms- He has helped me read them with a gospel perspective! Because David OFTEN refers to his own righteousness works, deeds, clean hands, etc. Or blessed is the righteous man... I used to foolishly think somehow I could apply those to myself! That I was the righteous man and not the wicked man... even I grew up reciting Psalm 1. I am not the righteous man- Christ is.... I am the wicked man!!! But because of God's great love, there was a SUBSTITUTION of the righteous for the wicked. And PRAISE BE TO GOD that now... because of Christ all of Gods promises are YES to me through Him!!! All those Psalms speaking of what benefits and security the righteous man have- those are mine! How can you not love the gospel? How can I keep from singing his praise?

1 comment:

Rescued by the Lamb said...

this is such a blessing Vanesa!

I'm a sinner.... everyone's a sinner, and there's NOTHING we can do to be right with God except through the blood of our Lord Jesus Christ!