The initiation of a blog...

I love analogies.

The God I serve is all about them as well. The Bible is fraught with parables, similes, analogies, word pictures, allegories... all to make us understand His Word and Will better.

I have no idea (or goals for) how often I will be posting the analogies I see and learn...
I am also definitely NOT a writer. I use way too many paranthesis, ellipses, all caps... so please correct my spelling and grammar if need be! ;)

Make comments, challenge me...
Thanks for reading!
Vanesa

Friday, March 27, 2009

Carolyn Mahaney on True Beauty

I think this is such a good message on a subject with which we are so preoccupied:
http://www.sovereigngracestore.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=A1395-01-51

"With God at the center- like the sun, satisfying a woman's longing for beauty and greatness and truth and love- all of the 'planets' of food, dress, exercise, cosmetics, posture, and countenance will stay in their proper orbit." -John Piper

No comments: