The initiation of a blog...

I love analogies.

The God I serve is all about them as well. The Bible is fraught with parables, similes, analogies, word pictures, allegories... all to make us understand His Word and Will better.

I have no idea (or goals for) how often I will be posting the analogies I see and learn...
I am also definitely NOT a writer. I use way too many paranthesis, ellipses, all caps... so please correct my spelling and grammar if need be! ;)

Make comments, challenge me...
Thanks for reading!
Vanesa

Friday, April 3, 2009

Humble Pie


I started off the morning with a clinical at the veterans hospital in the spinal cord injury clinic...

Our patient was a beautiful MIFFED 28 year old Asian with long black hair down to her waist. She had been driving her motorcycle and had an accident and became a parapalegic from the waist down (T6). She was in the army and a marathon runner before the accident, and now was just completely without hope. Everything that she had been living for- guys, beauty, health- was all taken from her... she was so mad that she was getting fat because she couldn't move from her wheelchair and no guys would ever like her again. She wanted to get liposuction and a breast enhancement and a 98'' flat screen TV in her room so she could still watch ESPN sports center.

After leaving the clinic I just started crying. I came home and went for a RUN and just praised God for my legs!!! I truly cannot even imagine being in her shoes. Going from running the 10k this past weekend to never walking again and having healthy young students 'observe' me. God is so sovereign- what is our life?

Formerly that was me... as Ephesians 2 says- 'without hope and without God in this world... but NOW I who was far away have been brought near through the precious blood of Christ!' I get Joni Erickson Tada's monthly publication (shout out KCM) and this month's note was on Christ being more valuable than walking! I want to read her new book... O LORD If tomorrow I was unable to do all the things I find my significance in- may you remind me of my true purpose! I know that I do not live for what I can do or what I give or how I can perform or how much attention I can get or even how I can help others- I live to worship my King! AHHHHH. I love you sovereign Lord. I do not fear inappropriately because you are GOOD and what you do is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vanesa,
I'll pay for it if you get an extra copy of Joni's book for this girl. It's like Jamie said, the dance is still going on ... the only thing that matters is dancing with THE Bridegroom.