The initiation of a blog...

I love analogies.

The God I serve is all about them as well. The Bible is fraught with parables, similes, analogies, word pictures, allegories... all to make us understand His Word and Will better.

I have no idea (or goals for) how often I will be posting the analogies I see and learn...
I am also definitely NOT a writer. I use way too many paranthesis, ellipses, all caps... so please correct my spelling and grammar if need be! ;)

Make comments, challenge me...
Thanks for reading!
Vanesa

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Lest I forget

Last night I had an opportunity to share with some people the MIRACLE of me getting into PT school. I know I have blogged about the miraculous and mundane before but it was just reemphasized to me tonight. My friend Kata is taking the GRE tomorrow, and I was praying for her while running, and thanking God for getting me into school and he just really spoke to me.

It is SO much easier to give God glory for the miracles he does. Its like the Pharisees... 'Lord- we want to see a miracle from you...' (Matt 12, 1 Cor 1:22) I really pray to remember his provision and his grace in the so called mundane. The Dueteronomy 8 theme- 'do not let me say that my hands have gotten this success for me!'

Lets say that I so called 'rightfully earned' my way into PT school. Lets say I met the requirements and deadline (I didn't), had the highest GPA in the class (didn't) and was the most qualified- EVERY single aspect of that would still be enabled from the hand of the Lord. I did do well on the GRE, glory to GOD for without Him who can do ANYTHING!!! The mind was given to me as a gift from Him, the legs to move around, the parents (a dad with a ridiculous vocabulary who used the word defacate instead of poop when I was growing up), the money to pay the fee- the hands to earn the money, the ears to hear the alarm to wake up on the morning of the GRE, the car to drive to take the GRE- even the QUESTIONS that I got on the GRE... the specific vocabulary words that I happened to know- its ALL grace.

Last night we learned at a passover feast the word Dayenu, meaning 'it would have been enough.' Anything beyond the eternity in Hell I deserve would have been enough! God giving me His Son would have been plenty to keep me forever indebted and eternally grateful. It would have been enough for him to put me in a Christian home and have opporunity to hear the gospel. That I have a brain and can think- dayenu! Being able to walk even and RUN and READ His Word- Dayenu! That I have a wonderful roommate and place to live, food, clothing- dayenu! Parents, friends, and a boyfriend that love me- dayenu! Making it into PT school- dayenu! Being able to finance PT school- dayenu! Being able to pass tests and stay in school- dayenu! O Lord- GRACE UPON GRACE FLOWS DOWN. Thank you Lord for your grace so undeserved! It is equally as evident in the miraculous and the mundane. May you get the glory for either and thank you for allowing me to be used sometimes in the process...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It would have been enough ... Yes, but never settle for less than our Lord is ready and able to give.

"He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?" (Romans 8:32)

Thanks for reminding me to be ever thankful for what I have been given!