The initiation of a blog...

I love analogies.

The God I serve is all about them as well. The Bible is fraught with parables, similes, analogies, word pictures, allegories... all to make us understand His Word and Will better.

I have no idea (or goals for) how often I will be posting the analogies I see and learn...
I am also definitely NOT a writer. I use way too many paranthesis, ellipses, all caps... so please correct my spelling and grammar if need be! ;)

Make comments, challenge me...
Thanks for reading!
Vanesa

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Help me- I haven't got handles on this one yet...

"The wife's body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband." (1 Cor 7:4)

Im thinking about this verse in relationship to me and all of us being the Bride of Christ... my body belonging to another...
ie- "You are not your own, you were bought with a price, therefore honor God with your body."

Does this work in the fact that it says ALSO? Its not mine only but both of ours? Does that also carry over into the picture of my body being Christs? Is it His alone or is it both of ours? And what does that look like? What does it mean for it to be both husband and wifes in a marriage setting? CO-OWNERSHIP... not in the way like a divorced agreement, you get it 1/2 the time and I get it 1/2 the time... 50% of the time we do what I want, and the rest we can do what you want with it. Seriously- Hmmmm.
This 'co' bit. Not only am I a co-owner, I am a co-heir with Christ!
Does a co-heir mean we each get a part or we each get all?
WOW. Its late- I need to go to bed. ;)
But my mind is full and reeling on this one. I think its way deeper than I bargained for at this time of night. Any comments are appreciated.

I have the most perfect husband in the whole world- why did he choose for himself an adulterous bride? To further magnify His goodness... glory be to God!

No comments: