The initiation of a blog...

I love analogies.

The God I serve is all about them as well. The Bible is fraught with parables, similes, analogies, word pictures, allegories... all to make us understand His Word and Will better.

I have no idea (or goals for) how often I will be posting the analogies I see and learn...
I am also definitely NOT a writer. I use way too many paranthesis, ellipses, all caps... so please correct my spelling and grammar if need be! ;)

Make comments, challenge me...
Thanks for reading!
Vanesa

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

"Let go, Let God"

Our friends Dave and Morgan are trying to raise money to be missionaries to East Asia with Campus Crusade for Christ. They have 70% of the money that they need... and they need 80% by May 1st (only another about 600 dollars a month in support) I am so excited for them and if you can help or know anyone who would like to support them in the next 3 days- please contact Morgan at morgan.zinn@gmail.com

Shameless plug over. ;)

But as I was praying for them this morning, the Lord really impressed it on my heart how hard they were working to make contacts and bring in this support. Especially now during this deadline crunch. They are working as hard as they can, making contacts, sharing their presentation, praying, and enlisting the help of others also. And when they get their money all in on May 1st- no one would even dream of giving the glory to anyone but God or say that it would have been more trusting to just pray and sit there waiting for the Lord to bring in the money! I cant wait to see it come in and how God will do it!

But how many times when it comes to discipline in our lives or other areas we just pray and 'trust' and decide not to work? Even as a single I know people would always tell me just to pray and wait for God to bring him to you. I think that is so silly! That doesn't apply in any other area of life. Concentrates self effor does not discount the work of the Lord- it is how he accomplishes his plan! May I not ever say- 'let go, let God', but work with all of my might for His glory in my life!

What about open/closed doors... Would anyone say- well this is a closed door for them, they must not be called to East Asia. NO!! When you know your purpose- if the door is closed, you open them! You look for a window! Lord confirm your purposes and show me your calling on my life fully so I can diligently work and pursue it with my whole heart! (Anna this reminds me some of the editing job that you really believed was Gods purpose for you with your gifts and strengths- praise God!)

Lord thank you for allowing us to be an active part of your work and play active roles even in our own sanctification. Remind us to work hard and not give up!

No comments: