The initiation of a blog...

I love analogies.

The God I serve is all about them as well. The Bible is fraught with parables, similes, analogies, word pictures, allegories... all to make us understand His Word and Will better.

I have no idea (or goals for) how often I will be posting the analogies I see and learn...
I am also definitely NOT a writer. I use way too many paranthesis, ellipses, all caps... so please correct my spelling and grammar if need be! ;)

Make comments, challenge me...
Thanks for reading!
Vanesa

Monday, April 27, 2009

Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you

Last night I was talking with my roommate about a teenager whose parents are really trying everything they possibly can to get them to love the Lord, but the child's heart is cold.

Getting married and having children are two of the greatest exercises in faith I could ever think of. You are opening yourself up to be severely affected by another person that you cannot control. As a single- you can somewhat control what you do and what happens.

The decision to marry, only by God's grace strength, is SUCH trust. I cannot control the actions or heart of another- all I can do is pray! You can strive your hardest to be a good wife, take care of yourself, be obedient, follow all the psychological tips- but that doesn’t mean your husband wont leave you. Or even you hear stories of women who thought that they married dynamic Godly men who turned out to not even know the Lord and fall away.

Same with parenting- you can strive to the best of your ability to raise your kids up to know and fear the Lord… but you cannot control their hearts or how they turn out. No amount of discipleship, homeschooling/isolation, family time/devotions, even father involvement neccessarily- assures you that your kids will love Jesus. We do not regenerate- God does!

O Lord increase my faith and trust and prayer! Entrusting all decisions and the people I love to my faithful creator and the one who judges justly! (1 Peter 2:23) He not only knows the future- He controls it!

“I am not ashamed, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day.” (2 Tim 1:12)

No comments: