The initiation of a blog...

I love analogies.

The God I serve is all about them as well. The Bible is fraught with parables, similes, analogies, word pictures, allegories... all to make us understand His Word and Will better.

I have no idea (or goals for) how often I will be posting the analogies I see and learn...
I am also definitely NOT a writer. I use way too many paranthesis, ellipses, all caps... so please correct my spelling and grammar if need be! ;)

Make comments, challenge me...
Thanks for reading!
Vanesa

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Its a slow fade... be on guard!

The pathway to addiction is a slow one, occuring over time.
This is evident in the newfound love I have discovered for coffee...

O the analogy... It started as a once in a while pleasure, becoming more and more frequent as I developed a taste for it. Then came the rationalization that I should purchase my own maker so that I stop spending so much money on it... and now its so easy to enjoy a cup at anytime!

I truly do love it and feel like I can enjoy it for the glory of God. Just because it has potential for bad doesn't mean I should never drink it, but I need to be on guard! Right now Im drinking decaf to keep me from developing an actual physical addiction. I know it seems silly, but I know without a proper plan and boundaries, I could easily become addicted. I really need to maintain all vigilence... especially now that its so easy and accessible to keep from falling into a vat of coffee beans face first. ;)

"Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down with dissipation, drunkenness and the anxieties of life, and that day will close on you unexpectedly like a trap." (Luke 21:34)

So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall! (1 Cor 10:12)

Be very careful, then, how you live -- not as unwise but as wise," (Eph 5:15)

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hi there Vanessa! I found your blog through facebook (you tagged Rich and it showed up on my sidebar)

Anyhow! You are a funny girl :) I started drinking girl-girl coffee with some friends camping when I was probably about your age and I drank 1/2 decaf, 1/2 regular. I found myself thinking about it ALL DAY! I was a little nutty but it did turn into a full-blown love affair ;)

It's fun getting to know you through your words ... everyone at church needs a blog!