The initiation of a blog...

I love analogies.

The God I serve is all about them as well. The Bible is fraught with parables, similes, analogies, word pictures, allegories... all to make us understand His Word and Will better.

I have no idea (or goals for) how often I will be posting the analogies I see and learn...
I am also definitely NOT a writer. I use way too many paranthesis, ellipses, all caps... so please correct my spelling and grammar if need be! ;)

Make comments, challenge me...
Thanks for reading!
Vanesa

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Vanesa ;)

Wow I've blogged a lot in April. ;)
I am 25 today. WOW. Exciting! I have so much joy today because I have been redeemed!
"Remember these things- I formed you and you are my servant. You will not be forgotten by me. I have blotted out your transgressions like a cloud and your sins like a mist! Return to me for I have redeemed you. SING O heavens for the Lord has done this! Shout for joy o depths of the earth! Burst forth in singing o mountains. O forest and every tree in it for the Lord has redeemed you!"

"I am he who blots out your transgressions, and for my own sake I will not remember your sins."

"Thus saith the Lord God who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread the earth and what comes from it, who gives breath to the people on it and spirit to those who walk in it. I am the Lord and I have called you in righteousness; I will take you by the hand and keep you..."

I love celebrations and gifts, friends and family, parties and dinners. But whatever today brings I don't rejoice that I was born and that I get to forget my troubles today or party it up- Or even that I have been given another year to live. WAY more than that- I have been given a year to live not under condemnation! Who would want to live a year seperated from God? A year to live in communion with my Savior- I am no longer under God's wrath! EXULT! Rejoice and be exceedingly glad. For God made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us that we might become the righteousness of God! AMEN AND HALLELUJAH!


"Is there a God besides me? There is no Rock; I know not any."
If my all knowing God doesn't know of any... I certainly don't!

PS- It is interesting to note that in Scripture the only birthday celebrations that are mentioned are Pharoah and Herod... not that I am in any way suggesting or not advocating birthday celebrations and feasting- I am so excited for that today. BUT just a nugget of thought. ;)

No comments: