The initiation of a blog...

I love analogies.

The God I serve is all about them as well. The Bible is fraught with parables, similes, analogies, word pictures, allegories... all to make us understand His Word and Will better.

I have no idea (or goals for) how often I will be posting the analogies I see and learn...
I am also definitely NOT a writer. I use way too many paranthesis, ellipses, all caps... so please correct my spelling and grammar if need be! ;)

Make comments, challenge me...
Thanks for reading!
Vanesa

Monday, May 4, 2009

From John Owen

"Because He himself suffered when tempted, he is able to forever help those who are being tempted." (Heb 2:18)

Did the suffering of Christ add to his ability to help? Is that why he has the power to help us- because He also was tempted? NO! The ability mentioned here is his readiness to come to our aid against all opposition. He is able to break through all reasons to the contrary and relieve poor tempted souls. Having suffered Himself, He is MOVED to help."

"For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sumpathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in a time of need." (4:16)

No comments: