The initiation of a blog...

I love analogies.

The God I serve is all about them as well. The Bible is fraught with parables, similes, analogies, word pictures, allegories... all to make us understand His Word and Will better.

I have no idea (or goals for) how often I will be posting the analogies I see and learn...
I am also definitely NOT a writer. I use way too many paranthesis, ellipses, all caps... so please correct my spelling and grammar if need be! ;)

Make comments, challenge me...
Thanks for reading!
Vanesa

Thursday, May 7, 2009

I have the sweetest boyfriend

I am officially done my 2nd year of PT school! My sweet boyfriend took me out to the Cheesecake factory last night to celebrate... ;)

It was great but I was just was thinking how much I value his attention... and how that translates to our relationship with the Lord. If Jordan JUST spent money on me but never gave me his time... or never gave me his attention, if he never talked about me to other people or said kind words to/about me... I wouldn't be satisfied no matter how much money he spent on me. Or if he spent time with me every day but never spent a dime- I would wonder about his affection.

If I spent all my time serving at the church but never gave the Lord my tithe- what am I valuing more than Him... Or if I gave all my money, but never spent time with Him- I do not love Him! If I didn't do what he asks of me in His Word... it would be like Peter. "If you love me- feed my lambs." LOVE TRULY IS ALL ENCOMPASSING. Lord let me not withold anything from you that is rightfully due you! My time, my money, my affection, my obedience, your praise!

Nothing profound. Just on the mind... Short and sweet. :) Heading to Honduras in 2 days! ;)

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Our challenge and our call is to love someone when they don't spend time with us and when they don't spend a dime on us. While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Lord, help us to love others when they are most unlovely.