The initiation of a blog...

I love analogies.

The God I serve is all about them as well. The Bible is fraught with parables, similes, analogies, word pictures, allegories... all to make us understand His Word and Will better.

I have no idea (or goals for) how often I will be posting the analogies I see and learn...
I am also definitely NOT a writer. I use way too many paranthesis, ellipses, all caps... so please correct my spelling and grammar if need be! ;)

Make comments, challenge me...
Thanks for reading!
Vanesa

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I have some of the wisest friends a girl can have...

Check out this awesome quote from an email I got from a dear dear friend:
"Sweet friend of mine. When I find myself in positions in which I have placed myself and then find myself truly not enjoying it...I ask myself these same questions that arose from your e-mail. Just as quickly as I find myself noting the patterns of SELF in the past sentence do I realize that most of my efforts and decisions were probably not prayerfully considered or thoughtfully made. As it turns out- I did the thing/move/adventure/conversation/all of it... by my SELF and ultimately am now miserable by myself and all efforts to appease the fiasco are not satisfactory because of SELF."

1 comment:

Jamie said...

But the great assurance we have is that even in our selfishness, yes, even in our sin, God is still sovereign and has ordained every single detail of our lives. It's called His will of decree: "Edwards treats this problem by distinguishing two kinds of willing in God (which is implied in what I have said). God's "will of command" (or revealed will) is what he commands in Scripture (Thou shalt not kill, etc. ). His "will of decree" (or secret will, or sovereign will) is what he infallibly brings to pass in the world. Edwards' words are complex, but they are worth the effort if you love the deep things of God." John Piper