The initiation of a blog...

I love analogies.

The God I serve is all about them as well. The Bible is fraught with parables, similes, analogies, word pictures, allegories... all to make us understand His Word and Will better.

I have no idea (or goals for) how often I will be posting the analogies I see and learn...
I am also definitely NOT a writer. I use way too many paranthesis, ellipses, all caps... so please correct my spelling and grammar if need be! ;)

Make comments, challenge me...
Thanks for reading!
Vanesa

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

How to pray for Honduras

I have a friend doing a presentation on Honduras and he asked me if there were any special challenges for prayer for the country and this is what I wrote to him... I thought it would be good to post so people could know how to pray for the country. This weekend I got to spend with some missionaries so it opened my eyes a bit and gave me some more understanding:

I think some special challenges for prayer is for the churches that have started to know truth and be free from deception. None of the pastors have any training so its very easy to be misled. I think some of them have seen televangelists also and think that that is how they are supposed to act and lead and imitate that... The missionaries have a big challenge trying to be a light in much darkness, and then just the typical barriers. Also the ignorance! Many people cannot READ at all so Bible study and knowledge is very limited... much less any kind of in depth Bible study... they will never have access to a commentary or anything in Greek would be so unheard of. Those are all huge privileges we have when we study our Bibles. Also there is much nominal Christianity AND catholicism and very few true believers. There is a sense of a Sodom and Gamorrah lifestyle- like the glamorized MTV spring break type of thing... A culture where girls getting pregnant around 12-15 is normal and marriage is RARE.

An additional thing to note is that the few Hondurans that have been discipled want to leave and be missionaries elsewhere! The missionaries train them up and then they want to go to another country, when they could have so much more influence with their own people!

Its so hot here its not even funny... I spend all day every day dripping sweat. Yesterday it was 111 degrees! MUY DISGUSTIVO. On that note- over and out!

No comments: