The initiation of a blog...

I love analogies.

The God I serve is all about them as well. The Bible is fraught with parables, similes, analogies, word pictures, allegories... all to make us understand His Word and Will better.

I have no idea (or goals for) how often I will be posting the analogies I see and learn...
I am also definitely NOT a writer. I use way too many paranthesis, ellipses, all caps... so please correct my spelling and grammar if need be! ;)

Make comments, challenge me...
Thanks for reading!
Vanesa

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Live from CNN, literally

Last night we were woken up to our whole house shaking... I looked at Meredith and said- "Dude is that wind?" To which she replied- "But our house is made out of concrete!" ;)

Turns out it was an earthquake- 7.1 on the Richter scale, and the country of Honduras was placed on a Tsunami alert. We were told to leave our beds and we hung out outside in the street for a while before we were allowed to go back to bed. I got some pretty good video footage. ;)

Anywho. God is big and powerful. And its the morning with no real nasty affects here. And to any of you who actually heard about it in the US, Im A-OK. Love you!

No comments: