The initiation of a blog...

I love analogies.

The God I serve is all about them as well. The Bible is fraught with parables, similes, analogies, word pictures, allegories... all to make us understand His Word and Will better.

I have no idea (or goals for) how often I will be posting the analogies I see and learn...
I am also definitely NOT a writer. I use way too many paranthesis, ellipses, all caps... so please correct my spelling and grammar if need be! ;)

Make comments, challenge me...
Thanks for reading!
Vanesa

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Day #11 Smatterings

This morning I got to go to the dump school and help teach kids some english words and play with them... it was so funny to see myself in them! It is so hard to articulate other languages. Think about the word 'grapes'- its pretty hard to say! The kids were like GraPPSSSSS. And one little girl told me her name at least ten times. I kept repeating it and she kept laughing and saying no! and repeating it. I could have sworn I was saying exactly what she was.

One little child's name was Adonai... I got excited and tried to explain that 'Adonai is tambien un nombre para Dios' Im not sure if he understood me or not... or if I somehow made him think that he was a god or something. I hope not! O Espanol...

And speaking of the mixups... Last night on the way home from classes- we saw a sign that said Pinateria. Pina is spanish for pineapple so I was excited... thiking this was going to be some sort of Cafeteria of pineapples. ;) I convinced mi amigas to go check it out with me and alas the store was filled with children's toys. Ay. Pinateria was a PINATA eria... The place filled with pinatas. ;)

Hasta Luego.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

haha..i just had to comment on this one cause i know exactly what you mean about thinking you're saying what someone else just said and them hearing it differently.I wonder why that is? I think for me, i have trouble hearing the language correctly. So i have started asking people to write it or spell, and if i read it (even if i'm reading it in Japanese) somehow then i get it correctly, even though to me it sounds like the same thing i just said :) craziness :) I'm praying for you! It's good to be able to read about your experiences.

Sarah said...

haha..i just had to comment on this one cause i know exactly what you mean about thinking you're saying what someone else just said and them hearing it differently.I wonder why that is? I think for me, i have trouble hearing the language correctly. So i have started asking people to write it or spell, and if i read it (even if i'm reading it in Japanese) somehow then i get it correctly, even though to me it sounds like the same thing i just said :) craziness :) I'm praying for you! It's good to be able to read about your experiences.