The initiation of a blog...

I love analogies.

The God I serve is all about them as well. The Bible is fraught with parables, similes, analogies, word pictures, allegories... all to make us understand His Word and Will better.

I have no idea (or goals for) how often I will be posting the analogies I see and learn...
I am also definitely NOT a writer. I use way too many paranthesis, ellipses, all caps... so please correct my spelling and grammar if need be! ;)

Make comments, challenge me...
Thanks for reading!
Vanesa

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Light in Darkness

Psalm 18:28 "You, O LORD, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light."

This past weekend I went to the Grand Caverns in Staunton VA... and I enjoyed it a lot. It was just neat to be under the earth and see how the Lord has created things there.

I also learned that if I would stay down in the caverns for merely two weeks I would go blind for life! It is truly dark down there... no light whatsoever. Your eyes simply get so accustomed to darkness that you are no longer able to see the light! O man that is powerful! And it happens so fast!
Lord- may I be so filled with your light that I radiate to others. Never allow my light to dim or burn out. Lord may you flood light over the dark places of my life that I want to conceal from you. Send forth your light and your truth and lead me in the way everlasting!
"But if your eyes are bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!" -Matthew 6:23

1 comment:

Jamie said...

"The Lord is God, and He has made His light shine upon us." (Psalm 118:27)