The initiation of a blog...

I love analogies.

The God I serve is all about them as well. The Bible is fraught with parables, similes, analogies, word pictures, allegories... all to make us understand His Word and Will better.

I have no idea (or goals for) how often I will be posting the analogies I see and learn...
I am also definitely NOT a writer. I use way too many paranthesis, ellipses, all caps... so please correct my spelling and grammar if need be! ;)

Make comments, challenge me...
Thanks for reading!
Vanesa

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Man is not ultimate, God is

This has been a tough day for me mentally. 99% of my battles are internal.

This morning I got up to go feed the homeless @ Monroe Park. Such a privilege to serve them! Really is. I am thankful for the ministry and the hearts of those involved.

This morning I talked to one gentleman named Ron with the most piercing blue eyes... got to pray with him too (Side note- I LOVE the bridge that prayer is. I have never ever heard anyone turn down your prayers. Such a door!) But all day since I have really been struggling and I am not totally sure why. Ron said he was really struggling believing in God and wondering why he had been given such hard circumstances.

I cannot imagine. Lord why have I been blessed so?
Actually forgive me for ever asking you why. May I trust you implicitly for everything with a child like faith!

My sweet friend prayed the other day, God thank you for creating us with needs so that you can fill them! AMEN. How beautiful is that? God thank you for creating me with desires so that you can satisfy them! And desires and needs that are PHYSICAL as well as spiritual.... I don't think its unspiritual to have needs apart from God that are filled apart from God. (Ie... the need for shelter. Yes He is my shelter in the storm, my refuge, but at the same time... I do need actual protection from the elements! This is not an unspiritual notion...) YES the Lord has created me to desire a man... or the desire for physical affection and yes I can be totally satisfied without one and he can meet my needs completely. He can also bless me with literal physical affection and satisfy me through my spouse (Prov 5:19)

Thank you great God for allowing me to experience cold so I can praise you for heat! Thank you for the temporary. Lord I have not been homeless but thank you for the experience of tent sleeping to appreciate a bed. Thank you for allowing me to experience hunger so I can praise you for food! For allowing me to experience lonliness so I can truly thank you for fellowship. Thank you for allowing me to experience times of darkness and drought so I may understand truly how to cherish your presence.

Ron I can only give you a very elementary explanation for the God of the universe and how he chooses to work. I can't tell you why you have experienced hard times, except so that my God can get even more glory through the process if you trust in Him!
GOD YOU ARE GOOD. You are Sovereign. Your ends will prevail and your purposes will stand. May you be praised among all the earth! May my life be a fragrant offering to you! May I not be hardened by circumstances EVER... no matter what my life will bring. I have NO idea what rocks lie in my path but nothing will surprise you My Savior and My God!

"The eyes of all look to you, and you give them their food at the proper time. You open your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing. The LORD is righteous in all his ways and loving toward all he has made." -Psalm 145

No comments: