The initiation of a blog...

I love analogies.

The God I serve is all about them as well. The Bible is fraught with parables, similes, analogies, word pictures, allegories... all to make us understand His Word and Will better.

I have no idea (or goals for) how often I will be posting the analogies I see and learn...
I am also definitely NOT a writer. I use way too many paranthesis, ellipses, all caps... so please correct my spelling and grammar if need be! ;)

Make comments, challenge me...
Thanks for reading!
Vanesa

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Mutualistic Symbiosis


Mutualistic symbiosis is a biology term for a relationship in which all partners obtain an advantage... its usually having to do with plants or algea. Like this one gets food from eating the dead cells off this algea- and the algea gets cleaned and can breathe better or something. Gonna leave the actual analogy superficial.

I LOVE this in life. Relationships where both parties benefit? Its beautiful. I am thankful for all the relationships in my life where this is true- and we can mutually encourage one another in different ways! You have this one thing down... and I struggle. And vise versa. So thankful to God for putting relationships in my life. And for giving his people different strengths and weaknesses- this is why marriage is such a beautiful thing... and so sanctifying!

Yesterday we went to the nursing home to visit, and my friend Jamie said to me as we were leaving- "Its so good for them for us to visit! and its so good for us to see them!" Isn't it the truth? They need to see my joy, love, innocent trust, health and vigor- and I need to see there maturity, their pain and lonliness, their faithfulness/ tried trust/longsuffering.

May I never get prideful as I serve! If I go on mission trips to help people, as I am a Physical Therapist to help people, as I am in relationship with others, regardless of their religion or level- I need to learn something through them as much as they can learn from me! Thank you God for this truth and may you constantly remind me of it! Keep me from pride and remember me.

1 comment:

Vanesa said...

Im not sure where this goes as I contemplate my relationship with the Lord...

Is this a parasitic symbiosis? Where only one partner benefits... Ephesians 1 tells me of all the blessings and benefits that I receive for being in Christ...
and I know he has NO need of me. BUT at the same time- it is according to his good pleasure that He saves me... He loves my obedience...