The initiation of a blog...

I love analogies.

The God I serve is all about them as well. The Bible is fraught with parables, similes, analogies, word pictures, allegories... all to make us understand His Word and Will better.

I have no idea (or goals for) how often I will be posting the analogies I see and learn...
I am also definitely NOT a writer. I use way too many paranthesis, ellipses, all caps... so please correct my spelling and grammar if need be! ;)

Make comments, challenge me...
Thanks for reading!
Vanesa

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Bouquet Toss

This morning in church I was talking to a few dear friends of mine who went to a wedding last night. One of the lovely single ladies had caught the bride's bouquet during the toss. Since she was quite obviously less than thrilled, I probed a little deeper.

It was really funny to hear them tell the story. For anonymity sake, we will call them Andrea and Margaret. ;) We will say Margaret was the one who caught the bouquet.

So you have all been to weddings where several girls parade out to the floor to cat fight, kick, and claw over the flying floral arrangement. Having been to quite a few weddings, Margaret has caught one of these fight-for-your-life bouquets before. This wedding was far the exception. Only 4 single girls dragged themselves out to the floor for this bouquet toss. Sheepish and embarrassed, Margaret and Andrea definitely did not do any reaching or body-blocking when this bouquet was tossed. It hit the floor first... then Margaret shamefully extended an arm to pick it up.

Funny how something that Margaret had previously gloated in became an object of shame?
Hello S-I-N.

"What benefit did you reap from the things that you are now ashamed of? Those things result in death!" -Romans 6:21

No comments: