The initiation of a blog...

I love analogies.

The God I serve is all about them as well. The Bible is fraught with parables, similes, analogies, word pictures, allegories... all to make us understand His Word and Will better.

I have no idea (or goals for) how often I will be posting the analogies I see and learn...
I am also definitely NOT a writer. I use way too many paranthesis, ellipses, all caps... so please correct my spelling and grammar if need be! ;)

Make comments, challenge me...
Thanks for reading!
Vanesa

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Post #1

Today in church, my pastor talked about how in Nehemiah the people created BOOTHS on top of their homes and lived in them for 7 days as a symbol to remind them of God's provision, grace, and restoration. (Nehemiah 8:14-18) I won't rehash his whole sermon, but you can check it out at http://www.gracebiblerichmond.org/

He also talked about how the people used to wear coats made of itchy, skin irritating fabric to be a constant reminder to them of the disgusting nature of their sin.


I am currently reading through Ezekiel and the whole book is basically an analogy. God puts the prophet Ezekiel through amazing trials in order to try and help his people truly UNDERSTAND a picture of the message he wants to send them. The Lord even kills Ezekiels wife in chapter 24 to show the people he will take away their heart's delight and joy!
Unreal.

No comments: