The initiation of a blog...

I love analogies.

The God I serve is all about them as well. The Bible is fraught with parables, similes, analogies, word pictures, allegories... all to make us understand His Word and Will better.

I have no idea (or goals for) how often I will be posting the analogies I see and learn...
I am also definitely NOT a writer. I use way too many paranthesis, ellipses, all caps... so please correct my spelling and grammar if need be! ;)

Make comments, challenge me...
Thanks for reading!
Vanesa

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Ananias and Saphira moment

I am ashamed to write this, but not at the same time. It just reveals the sickness and sin nature within my heart- our default setting.

So tonight me and my roommate went for a walk in our neighborhood and went in to one of our Catholic neighbors house for a bit to chat with them. The husband has been very ill and had mentioned wanting to go out to the movies but wasn't sure if he could go because he has been wheelchair bound. While they were talking I was thinking- perfect. I have a free movie ticket from my sister and I can give them one in a little card and an invitation to come over for lunch.

So we got home and I was writing the card and I went a movie ticket and put it in the card. Yvonne looked at me and said- you just have one movie ticket? And I said- "YES! (wow) I get them from my sister." LIE! I actually had THREE movie tickets but I wanted to hold on to two of them to go with a friend. Not a bad thing in itself- I didn't have to give them ANY of the movie tickets, but just revealed the evilness deep in my heart. Same exact situation as in Acts 5... God didn't require the giving of Ananias' and Saphiras profits- but he does want a cheerful giver, a pure heart and motives, and honesty before him and fellow believers! Humility of heart rather than seeking praise from men. In about 45 seconds conviction flooded and I was like Yvonne I take it back!!! Thank God the lightening didn't strike.
Forgive me Lord for my foolishness!

No comments: