The initiation of a blog...

I love analogies.

The God I serve is all about them as well. The Bible is fraught with parables, similes, analogies, word pictures, allegories... all to make us understand His Word and Will better.

I have no idea (or goals for) how often I will be posting the analogies I see and learn...
I am also definitely NOT a writer. I use way too many paranthesis, ellipses, all caps... so please correct my spelling and grammar if need be! ;)

Make comments, challenge me...
Thanks for reading!
Vanesa

Sunday, September 7, 2008

John 17:17 proves true over and over in my life

Romans 12:1-2... be transformed by the renewing of your mind.

My life verse- John 17:17 "Sanctify them by your Word- your Word is truth."

Both were evidenced today as I was looking at something I had written in my journal (not normally a journaler) a mere TWO weeks ago when reading through Luke! I had written:
"I wonder if anyone is called to being poor or missions or if we are ALL called to it... I mean wouldn't everyone rather have a comfortable air conditioned home? Are those who sacrifice it just aware of the brevity of this life and that this is not our true home? One day we will live in palaces! Why on earth would we want an imitation one now? Luke 7:25"

Honestly I read that today and thought- WOW- did I really write that?? It sounds so super-spiritual. I kind of do want a palace now...

Just goes to show you how the Holy Spirit really does transform you during the reading of His Word. Transform me Lord!

No comments: