The initiation of a blog...

I love analogies.

The God I serve is all about them as well. The Bible is fraught with parables, similes, analogies, word pictures, allegories... all to make us understand His Word and Will better.

I have no idea (or goals for) how often I will be posting the analogies I see and learn...
I am also definitely NOT a writer. I use way too many paranthesis, ellipses, all caps... so please correct my spelling and grammar if need be! ;)

Make comments, challenge me...
Thanks for reading!
Vanesa

Thursday, September 25, 2008

End in Mind

So about a week ago I watched the CHEESIEST movie (shout out J's) I think I have seen to date. ;)
However... one of the points in the movie was that if you don't neccessarily think there is a Biblical right/wrong in an area- to just fast forward your life and look toward the future to see if it is something that you would regret looking back on.

I think if we could master this "living looking toward the future" bit... things would be a lot easier.

This morning as I ran out of the YMCA at 6:30 am, I had so much joy, energy, exhilaration, praise... I was SO thankful to have completed my daily exercise and have the whole day ahead of me. However- when my alarm went off at 5 AM- joy, gratitude, and exhilaration were the last things on my mind.

Another example is like indulging on a fat piece of chocolate cake. If you could fastforward to about 5 minutes post consumption... you would realize that instead of feeling joy- you feel groaning and the ooooo why did I eat that blues. ;)

I have a feeling that in heaven we will think, why on earth did we so often trade the long term for the temporary? As a believer, I am not called to live for the moment, but live in light of eternity! And hopefully tomorrow when the alarm goes off at 5, I can CALL TO MIND this truth.

"For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." -2 Corinthians 4:17-18

No comments: