The initiation of a blog...

I love analogies.

The God I serve is all about them as well. The Bible is fraught with parables, similes, analogies, word pictures, allegories... all to make us understand His Word and Will better.

I have no idea (or goals for) how often I will be posting the analogies I see and learn...
I am also definitely NOT a writer. I use way too many paranthesis, ellipses, all caps... so please correct my spelling and grammar if need be! ;)

Make comments, challenge me...
Thanks for reading!
Vanesa

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Seasons


Fall is my favorite time of year.

I LOVE the crispness in the air, hiking, apple picking, drinking hot cider, picking/carving pumpkins, watching the leaves change... just enjoying the beauty and saturating my senses.


Two days ago, I was driving through Charlottesville on my way home to see my parents and it was cloudy and pouring rain. However... I was thinking, I have got to still capitalize on my drive thru Charlottesville. I can't waste this opportunity- Im right here!


After much deliberation, I decided against hiking in the rain, but I did decide to stop by Carter Mtn apple orchard to pick a few apples and get some hot cider. When I got there- it was so gross! So muddy, dreary, wet, cold... ;) HA.


All I could think was that- there is no perfect season. How great is summer to enjoy the lake and be off school- AND BE HOT AND HUMID. Or the beautiful snow on the ground in winter... the skiing, lights, Christmas- AND be freezing, snowed in...


So this analogy goes with life, huh? There are so many different seasons in life! Being single, being a student, graduating being a newly wed, buying a home, being a new parent, kicking the kids out of the home after being married 25 years (no particular order neccessary here!) EVERY season has its true blessings and joys, and every season has its trials.


I am so thankful to live in Virginia where we get to realy experience all the different seasons. And I am thankful, and pray that Lord willing, I will be able to experience all the different seasons of life.


"Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are his. He changes times and seasons; he sets up kings and deposes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him." -Daniel 2: 20-22

3 comments:

Kata Colleen said...

I love the Daniel verse...reminds me of Beth Moore and Cary NC.
love ya babe

Jamie said...

I have been thinking so much lately about the coorelation between the seasons of the year and the seasons of life, how they are always changing bringing us new things. One thing that kept coming to my mind was how I am usually so ready for the next season when it comes, both in the year and in my life.

Kristen said...

Yes I just listened to Nicole Nordeman's song 'Seasons' after reading this post.