The initiation of a blog...

I love analogies.

The God I serve is all about them as well. The Bible is fraught with parables, similes, analogies, word pictures, allegories... all to make us understand His Word and Will better.

I have no idea (or goals for) how often I will be posting the analogies I see and learn...
I am also definitely NOT a writer. I use way too many paranthesis, ellipses, all caps... so please correct my spelling and grammar if need be! ;)

Make comments, challenge me...
Thanks for reading!
Vanesa

Friday, October 17, 2008

Commitments

This blog is going to be extremely breif. ;)

Just thinking about John McCain and his 'spending freeze' and how that relates to my life.
Thinking about commitment and being overwhelmed, doing what is right, choosing to be involved in what is best...

I think one of the saddest things is when you choose to be involved in so many things that the most important ones (as in my priority of school) start to slip (aka poor grades) and then I have to be like WHOA- stop, back up, can't be involved in that, let me back out of this....
So foolish! Just be wise in your practices so no freeze ever needs to occur!
Forgive me Lord! Help me to discern what is best and just abide in you.

Job 11:12
"But a witless man can no more become wise than a donkey's colt can become a man."

No comments: