The initiation of a blog...

I love analogies.

The God I serve is all about them as well. The Bible is fraught with parables, similes, analogies, word pictures, allegories... all to make us understand His Word and Will better.

I have no idea (or goals for) how often I will be posting the analogies I see and learn...
I am also definitely NOT a writer. I use way too many paranthesis, ellipses, all caps... so please correct my spelling and grammar if need be! ;)

Make comments, challenge me...
Thanks for reading!
Vanesa

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Preach it Elizabeth

"Things are given to us to enjoy for awhile. Nothing has done more damage to the Christian view of life than the hideous notion that those who are spiritual have lost all interest in this world and its beauties. The Bible says, 'God... endow us richly with all things to enjoy. It also says, 'do not set your hearts on the godless world or anything in it.' It is altogether fitting and proper that we should enjoy things made for us to enjoy. What is not at all fitting or proper is that we should set our hearts on them. Temporal things must be received as temporal things- received, given thanks for, offered back, but enjoyed." -Elizabeth Elliot

No comments: