The initiation of a blog...

I love analogies.

The God I serve is all about them as well. The Bible is fraught with parables, similes, analogies, word pictures, allegories... all to make us understand His Word and Will better.

I have no idea (or goals for) how often I will be posting the analogies I see and learn...
I am also definitely NOT a writer. I use way too many paranthesis, ellipses, all caps... so please correct my spelling and grammar if need be! ;)

Make comments, challenge me...
Thanks for reading!
Vanesa

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Dog Vomit Path



So yesterday I went hiking with some friends @ Humpback Rocks. Its a short little hike and it was probably the most perfect day ever for it.

Since I had hiked the trail before, (and because the others were SLOW ;) ha- love u) I was leading the group on the way up... However, I told them all that I have hiked this about 4-5 times and EVERY single time I end up somehow off the path on the way down and end up having to hack my way back to the trail. HA. Seriously! Every time!
So I said- whatever, you guys pay attention and someone else has to lead on the way down because I know myself and I know we will end up on the wrong trail.

Well someone else DID lead... but we found ourselves on the wrong path yet again!
Isn't that sad? Does it remind you of the path that leads to sin? It was like we were aware of the wrong path, we knew that we had to be on guard or it would end up happening to us again, there was a herald warning, yet somehow I ended up BACK on that same wrong path....
FOOL


"As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his folly."
Proverbs 26:11
Addendum to this post 10/13/08:
So this morning on the way home from the Y... I was thinking about the further analogies to be found in this situation. Its actually funny because on the way down the path, one of my friends (Jamie) said to me- there has got to be one of your analogies here, what can we learn? And I was like- ugh, no there isn't. I don't even want to think about that- I have done this so many times. Its like how sometimes when we are back ON that same path again- we are so stubborn! We don't really want to take the time to learn or think about the fact that we are back where we thought we would never be. ALSO both Jamie and my roommate Yvonne were nervous that we were not on the right path... as they were lamenting ;) I was busy telling them- "O stop... Its fine! I told you I have done this so many times- we come out right up here. Don't worry." Isn't that also true with repetitive sins in our lives? Others may be horrified but we are so comfortable with it! Its familiar to us. We know how we got there and how we can get out- sometimes to our detriment in the fact that it doesn't disgust us as we should. You know the attitude I speak of.... I found my way out the last time and the hacking out wasn't really that bad is akin to "Well God has forgiven me for this before..."
"O that my ways were steadfast in obeying your decrees! Then I would not be ashamed when I compare my life against your commands." -Psalm 119:5-6
"I have kept my feet from every evil path so that I might obey your Word." -Psalm 119:101

No comments: