The initiation of a blog...

I love analogies.

The God I serve is all about them as well. The Bible is fraught with parables, similes, analogies, word pictures, allegories... all to make us understand His Word and Will better.

I have no idea (or goals for) how often I will be posting the analogies I see and learn...
I am also definitely NOT a writer. I use way too many paranthesis, ellipses, all caps... so please correct my spelling and grammar if need be! ;)

Make comments, challenge me...
Thanks for reading!
Vanesa

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

O TASTE AND SEE THAT THE LORD IS GOOD!!!

Last night I went out to dinner with a sweet single friend of mine and she requested prayer for contentment in her singlehood. We talked about the fact that she was a non-dater like me and she was always content UNTIL she started dating. After knowing what it was like- now it is much harder for her to stay content. She has been there and knows how good it feels.

I just see this phenomenon in a few areas...
Been talking to a B-O-Y (whoa) recently and each 'taste' I get of talking to him or hanging out with him makes me want to do it more. I hang up or leave and am already ready for more. Or who am I kidding when I say- I just want to TASTE this dessert? Of course once I taste it I crave more!

God you are good!! I have tasted and I have seen! I have tasted the GIFT of you! And the sweetness of your WORD! O Lord may I never settle for anything less palatable!

"It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age, if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace. "
-Hebrews 6:4-6

ALSO... why is it that in the two areas noted above- I am constantly trying to restrain myself... and diminish my craving for more. Hold back from sending an email or getting a second portion of dessert. Lord you are the ONLY thing that I can desire unsatiably and it is good for me to do so! Yet that seems like it is the one desire that is naturally suppressed. I definitely don't have to work hard at holding myself back- if anything I have to work hard at truly desiring you. Lord change my heart! Change my desires! circumcize my heart! Increase my desire for you! Remind me of your taste! Exalt yourself above all!

No comments: