The initiation of a blog...

I love analogies.

The God I serve is all about them as well. The Bible is fraught with parables, similes, analogies, word pictures, allegories... all to make us understand His Word and Will better.

I have no idea (or goals for) how often I will be posting the analogies I see and learn...
I am also definitely NOT a writer. I use way too many paranthesis, ellipses, all caps... so please correct my spelling and grammar if need be! ;)

Make comments, challenge me...
Thanks for reading!
Vanesa

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Worship

"Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship." -Romans 12:1

Last week, I was challenged by a dynamic man of God to think about making apple pies as an act of worship. What a cool mental picture that was. What a challenge to me!

Tonight I had a fat dance party with my roommate trying to WARM ourselves up in our frigid home. I put together a dynamic jamming playlist, grabbed my hip scarf and we started dancing. ;) We were able to not only raise our body temperatures BUT, believe it or not, actually raise the house temperature by two degrees. ;) But that is besides the point...

Point is, as I looked at Yvonne- I just knew that in her heart she was praising God and she was truly worshipping Him through her dancing. It all comes back to the heart and my heart was not there... and the Lord showed it to me.

I read in Jerry Bridges book 'Respectable Sins' that our biggest sin is just a purvasive ungodliness- going through life without constantly thinking of God. Ungodliness is at the root of every other sin we struggle with.
"Do we consciously and prayerfully seek His glory in all we say and do in our most ordinary activities of the day? Or do we actually go about these activities with little or no thought of God?"

Lord may the way I dance, cook, jog, sit in class... all be an act of worship to you.
Change my HEART O God!!

No comments: